Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

This year we had a small Thanksgiving at GGpa and GGma Cliff house. Gpa and Gma, as well as Auntie Latanya and Uncle Seann were there. We just relaxed and ate and played the whole day. A very mellow and laid back day,exactly what we needed. Especially since we were all still recovering from our colds. Isabel had a little too much fun and ended up getting a fever that night but after some tyenlol and relaxing was back to her normal self the next day.

Friday we stayed inside (no way were we going to brave the black friday crowds,poor gpa had to work :(

We relaxed,ate, made a batch of stew, watched christmas movies. Isabel created some masterpieces. Here's a glimpse of the artist at work, sorry it's so dark. I really need to remember to turned on lights when I'm recording.



Saturday we made an quick trip to the Elsinore Outlets so Moe could make a return. Isabel fell asleep on the way back so we decided to stop off at the new Super Target where I ran in to pick up some things. Moe and Isabel napped in the car at least that was suppose to be the plan. I forgot my phone in the car and realized right as Moe pulled away so here I was with my big belly chasing Moe down the aisle trying to get his attention. I sure got everyone else's attention but not Moe's. So not only did my phone have my list of what I was suppose to get at Target but now Moe had no way of knowing when I was done to be picked up. Seriously what did people do before cell phones :) Luckily Moe found a spot where he could see the door from and just had to stand up every couple minutes to see if I was waiting for him, so no nap for him.

After that we made a quick visit to Moe's parents. Isabel spent most of the time coloring and laughing at herself on the videos we were showing them. From there we went to Murrieta to hit the Lakeshore Learning Center, where Moe kept Isabel preoccupied playing with the toys while I walked the store and finished up our Christmas Shopping for her. It feels kind of weird to be done shopping for her so early we are usually the ones out on xmas eve trying to get everything. The bad part about getting done so early-it's sooo hard to wait to give her the gifts. Especially when I know how much she'll love them.

Anyway after that it was back home to try out some of the new craft stuff we had bought and eat our stew and watch some more christmas movies. Than Isabel got to take a bath to try out her new toy that Dada just had to buy for her. Here's a video of the two of them playing. You decide who likes the game more Isabel or Moe (and yes all those black smudges on her are from her artwork)




Sunday- was another relaxing day. More painting. More Christmas movies. One really long nap for Isabel, a haircut for Moe and a bunch of organizing for me. I was finally able to tackle the boxes in the office. So now all the Christmas presents are in their own totes, all Christmas craft stuff in another tote, than seperate totes for party things,fall decor, fabric and random crafts. I still have a long ways to go but at least that got a big chunk of it of it out of the way.

At the end of the night we were watching White Christmas with Bing Crosby and discovered Isabel is just like her Gpa. She started singing along to the song White Christmas. We managed to capture a little bit of it on video. (nevermind the sloppy looking person in the background that's my very tired, very dirty twin)


No comments: