Monday, December 22, 2008

Snowman!!

I wanted to make some treats to bring to work and when I saw these marshmallow snowmen I thought it could be something Isabel could help with.

I of course couldn't find all the supplies and had to do some substituting but I still think they came out pretty good. Plus Isabel really got into them and did a lot more than I thought she would.

Since it was messy I was only able to get video of her putting the marshmallows on the stick. Which she did a really good job of. Granted some of them are kind of twisted but we just say they are dancing.

I couldn't find mini M&M's so I used some cinnamon chips that I had bought but never used. Isabel knew exactly where to put them. Except some of them weren't really in a vertical row so it ended looking like we meant them to be snow women. So I had her fix some of those.

Than we used some leftover color icing for the eyes. I just squeeze a dollop of it on a plate and help isabel dip a stick in it and place a dot of icing.

I cut up strips of fruit roll up for the scarves and she tied them on. I didn't think too far ahead cause we had already done the eyes and mouth and they weren't dry so while she was putting on the scarves some of the icing got smudge but it was all easily fixed.

Here is the finished piece


All in all we took about an hour and half for the first part, than another hour for the second half. It was a really good way to spend the afternoon. The downside being after snacking on all the treats she was on a sugar high all day. Running around even more than usual and not even close to taking a nap.


However they were very popular at work. Everyone said they were really cute and really impressed with how well Isabel did. And they said they tasted delicious. They even liked the cinnamon chips instead of M&M's, since it give them a different flavor.

No comments: