Monday, September 22, 2008

Camping

This weekend Isabel and I went camping with Grandma and Grandpa at Leo Carrillo in Malibu. Moe had to work so he and Boomer stayed behind :(

G'ma and G'pa came got Isabel and I on Friday night and we headed out. Grandma had been camping at LC when she was kid but neither of them had been there recently. They both underestimated how long it took to get there. We left our place around 5 and did not arrive at the campground until after 9. It was a long carride for both Isabel and I. We learned that on the way back would definitely need to stop instead of going straight thru. However driving thru PCH with the big giant trailer at night was definitely an experience. we just loved the neon house numbers.

We were well keeping a lookout for any signs that said the campsite was ahead, we were so relived to finally see one. Thinking our adventure was done. However it turns out our adventure had only just begun.

We got our site and attempted to find it (a word to those thinking of going there, this campsite does not believe in signs, you pretty much had to guess where everything was) so we start following the numbers and we get to our assigned site and Grandpa's first words "Are you kidding me?" The site was probably not even big enough to fit my parents truck, let alone their 31ft trailer. So we drove around to see if there was even one that was big enough. We headed back to the ranger booth (again getting lost due to no signage) We ended up the wrong way in a one way street. Normally not a problem, but trying to back up the truck plus trailer in the dark not so fun. But Grandpa finally got us out, and it was back to the new site.
It still wasn't as big as it needed to be but after much backing up and pulling forward and going into the trees and yelling out of windows the trailer was finally in.

NOTE-During all this Isabel was still just sitting in her carsear trying to figure out what was going on. When we trying to get the get the trailer in the spot,Grandma was outside directing Grandpa. I was leaning out my window conveying the messages back and forth. A couple times we had to have grandma repeat herself cause Isabel found this whole thing so funny, she just kept laughing and laughing. At least she was having fun.

At 10:30 everything was hitched or unhitched or propped up whatever it needed to be and we were all in the rv. Isabel was just ready to go and I was ready to collapse. Thankfully G'ma and G'pa took Isabel to bed with them and had her reading while I went to bed in the back room. It didn't take long however for the 3 of them to fall asleep as well.

Even the dogs were tired. Idk took her spot squeezed by G'ma&G'pa's bed. Sandy took the couch. And I had Wyck cuddled with me. She was in the perfect spot. Leaned right up againist my back. She was like this giant heating pad,plus with the pressure of her lying on me it just seem to really help all the aches and pains I having. She got up at some point to pee and didn't come back.I was so sad, I couldn't sleep very well after she left.

And of course Sandy and Wyck thought 5 in the morning was the perfect time to play and started chasing each other thru the RV. Luckily Isabel slept thru it all.

Gpa took them outside around 6:30 and started to get things set up out there. Isabel woke up around 730 and we got our day started.
(to be cont in next post....)

No comments: