I've always loved Halloween, growing up in my family it's kind of impossible not to, however Halloween has been even more special to me for these past couple years. It was Halloween,4 years ago that we found out we were pregnant with Isabel.
Moe and I had just been married in June and were enjoying our time as newlyweds. We had no immediate plans to start a family so were taking the necessary precautions. In August I didn't get my period, didn't think too much of it, since it had been pretty weird for about a 1/2 year. Than I still didn't get it in September. To be safe, I took a few pregnancies tests. All negative. Then again nothing in October, some more tests, still negative. Moe made me make a dr's appt. I go in, take another pregnancy test in office, still negative. The dr says it's more likely just stress, or hormones, but to be on the safe side he sets me up for a couple blood tests. He even gave me a prescription that would jump start my period, but told me not to take it until I had gotten my test results.
We were a little worried but figured it probably was just one of those things. About a week later on Halloween, Moe and I were just hanging out at home, before heading over to my parents house. I get a phone call and see that it's the dr's office. I tell Moe so he stays next to me while I take the call.
The nurse says "Just letting you know you're test came back positive" And I'm thinking "positive for what? Oh no what do I have?" Than she starts going into taking prenatal vitamins and scheduling my first prenatal appointment and my mind is just racing trying to grasp what she is saying. Moe is practically ready to grab the phone out of my hands, waiting to hear what is being said. Than the nurse says "So I'll just transfer you over to make your appointment. Oh and congratulations!" She puts me on hold and moe is bouncing up and down and whispering "well what they say, what's wrong, tell me something:" And I say "well I guess you're a daddy" Moe yells "WHAT!!!!!!!!!?????????, no way no way no way" and jumps over to me and just grabs me in this HUGE bear hug. I'm pretty sure I'm crying at this point. Than the receptionist comes on and I have a foggy memory of making the appointment and just hang up the phone.Moe is still hugging me and just saying "wow oh my god wow oh man, no way" And I am just in shock. Than all the emotions come flooding in excitement,nervousness, panic, happiness, and love. I just could not believe there was baby inside of me.
I had to tell someone so I called my sister. I think our conversation went something like Me-"soo it looks like you're going to be an auntie?" Her-"oh you getting another dog?" Me "umm no, I'm pregnant." Her "wait.. Uuh WHAT?? NO WAY!" Me-crying "yeah we just found out" her"oh my god Congratulations!!! I'm going to be an auntie???!!!! I'm going to be auntie!!!..so how are you telling mom and dad?"
Than we started thinking, how were we going to tell our parents? We hadn't planned on seeing Moe's folks that day but we knew that the minute my parents saw us they would know something was up so we decided to tell both sets that day. We took Boomer and walked over to Moe's parents house. We get there and it's just his mom but we (read Moe) just couldn't hold it in. His Mom told us she had a migraine and wasn't feeling very well. Moe says "well I think I know how to make you feel better. We're having a baby!" "WHAT?????" And she just started crying and hugging Moe. Moe had to tell her he couldn't breathe she was squeezing him so hard. She had us call Moe's dad and Moe told him over speakerphone. His Dad was in shock and really didn't grasped it until later that day.
After that Moe's mom offered to drive us back to our place since she was going to Target anyway. When we get to Target Moe runs in, while she and I wait in the car. I get a phone call and see it’s the drs office and immediately I think "Oh no they made a mistake and I'm not really pregnant." I was almost afraid to answer the phone but I did and it turns out the nurse wanted to be sure that I didn't take the medicine the dr prescribed me. Pheeww huge sigh of relief.
We then headed over to my parents house. The whole way over Moe is holding my hand and we just keep looking at each other in disbelief. When we get there my parents were out getting dinner but Seann and Latanya were there. Latanya hug us and we told Seann and Seann was typical Seann, gave us a pat on the shoulder and said "now you get to deal with all the pooping and the crying"
My parents finally get home and everyone is outside waiting for the trick or treaters. Moe and I tell them we have some news and I think I just blurted it out. Neither Mom nor Dad reacted they looked at each other and Dad said "you were right" and Mom said "yup I knew it" I guess my mom had been having that mothers intuituion and just had feeling that I was.And you know my mom is never wrong ;) I told them how we had taken all the tests and going to the drs. My mom said "oh no it looks like you are going to have a sneaky one" Boy was she right! But I don't think even my mom could of predicted on that Halloween 4 years ago, anything as wonderful as Isabel.
1 comment:
This was such a nice story!
Post a Comment