Wow where did the time go?
Joaquin had his 9mth check up on friday He weighed 21lbs 13ozs and his length is 29 1/4in putting him in the 80th percentile for both. So it looks like he's finally slowed down a bit. Thank goodness, I don't know what we would of done if he had kept growing like he was. At the appointment he was flirting with the doctor and talking with her and grabbing at her. The dr said everything looked really good. He's hit every single milestone with a bang. From now on he's just going to get in more trouble and be even more dangerous.
Isabel was cracking us up at the appointment. She usually doesn't like talking to strangers but she was all over Dr Grant. "I'm the big sister" "I play peek a boo with my brother" "I not a baby" "Joaquin eats baby food, I don't eat baby food cause I'm a big girl" And on and on. She even pulled her chair up so she could sit next to the dr and she put her hand on the drs leg. Just another reason we really love Dr Grant. The dr said it was going to be really interesting to see how Joaquin's vocal skills develops since he has a REALLY chatty sister. Usually boys develop slower in the verbal department so who knows. We figure he will either be real quiet and let Isabel do most of the talking for him (just like his Uncle Seann) or he'll get even louder to be heard over Isabel. We're thinking he's headed more towards the latter.
He now has another 2 teeth. His top front teeth came in and boy is he enjoying them. He loves to chew on things and has started getting into crackers. How much of the cracker he actually swallows is debatable but at least he's taking bites.
He also started really crawling about 2 weeks ago. He'd been doing an army crawl slash inch worm thing for awhile so he was getting around. Now he is on all fours, belly off the floor. It's just the cutest thing ever in an exhausting kind of way. We've had to gate off the entire living room. Him and Isabel just think the gates are toys. Joaquin uses them to pull up and on and walk along. And Isabel uses them as a castle, as a place to hold things, as a mail slot, whatever she imagines. Isabel has also been creating obstacle courses for Joaquin to crawl thru, including herself, she stand with her legs apart and have him crawl under her while pushing his bum saying "come on Joaquin, move your bum, come on"
He really is starting to be quite the troublemaker. We are short a few gates so there is a path for him to get to the kitchen but we always stop him before he gets there. I'll be sitting on the floor and he'll start heading over there so I will call him and he will turn around and just give me the biggest grin, practically batting those long lashes at me. Last night he crawled over to me and bit my leg and when I scream cause it tickled he fell over from laughing than pull himself back up to do the same thing to my cheek.
He loves loves loves noise. He is never happy with just one toy, he has to have at least 2 so he can bang them together. He loves stealing Isabel's play pots and pans to just make a huge racket. Plus he knows it bugs Isabel. He just loves to push her buttons. They still just love to play together, She is always being the big sister and telling him and no and giving him big bear hugs and pulling him up. He"ll follow her around and put his hand into whatever she's got.
In general making life pretty crazy wonderful at our house. I've got quite a few pictures and videos. Hopefuly I'll have some time this week to load a couple.
And just in case I don't post again everyone have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
1 comment:
I just love hearing how they interact w/each other. Her protective ways & his punch drunk love eyes for her. Just love.
Post a Comment