One of Isabel's "chores" was to feed Boomer and make sure he had water and give him his daily treats. For the most part she was really good about it and even got mad if Moe or I tried to do it. She was so cute dragging the dog food bag out of the pantry and over to the doggy dish and practically falling into the bag when she go looking for the scoop. She was very dilgent in making sure no food got into the water side and vice versa.
Well now that Boomer is no longer here, Isabel is missing a part of her routine but she figured out how to fix it. She found one her stuffed toy dogs and has now started bringing him into the kitchen to "feed" him. We already put Boomer's dishes away and got rid of the food and treats but Isabel knows where the tupperware is and just made some new dishes for her doggy.
The other day she was feeding her doggy when she goes "oh wait I don't need this doggy I have Boomer. Where is Boomer mama?" And I had to explain again that Boomer was up in heaven and wouldn’t be coming back. And Isabel says "oh yeah he's up in clouds with his parents. I miss my Boomer." Uggh that just goes straight to my heart.
1 comment:
Awwww, she is so sweet and too cute, but that is so sad :( Its not easy to explain to little ones.
Post a Comment