Sunday, September 27, 2009

Goodgye Jewelyn


Jewelyn passed away at 11:30am today. Baby Gabrielle is doing great and should be home with her daddy within a few days.

Please tell your family and friends how much you love them. Do not take anything for granted.

And please pray that Phillip and Jewelyn's family can carry on in their grief. And show Baby Gabrielle what an amazing person her mom was.

ETA Please see this blog for more info on how to help- Jewelyn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

<3
Definitely puts things in perspective.
RIP, Sushi.

Leann said...

my heart is broken.

Anonymous said...

"Now she's an Angel Watching over All her Kids.. And I will not cry cause she can hear what i feel in my heart".. The words of my 5yr old son (Aydan Cisneros) after learning that he would never see his teacher again...
My name is Noel Lear, I was Jewelyn's room mom at LaFetra Elementary last year. when I received the phone call on Monday about Mrs. Okamoto I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I cant stop thinking about her and all the wonderful things we did together in her class... How lucky I am to have spent all year with her, I am so grateful for our friendship... But most of all I am Grateful my two boys Devyn (7) and Aydan (5)will never forget the wisdom or the confidence she gave them through her teaching. I can honestly say No one can compare to how amazing she was. I was in awe of her love and her compassion for teaching.... I spent everyday and every moment possible helping in her class.. Sometimes even stayed till 5 or 7pm helping her.. Her unique way of teaching touched me.. The other teachers used to joke and tell us they were jealous.. we often joked about it... We kept in touch over the summer and the last time we saw her, She promised to bring lil Gabrielle to come visit... We hope to someday get that chance.. Everyone at school is so devastated She was so amazing everyone Loved her.. If anyone has the info about Mrs. Okamoto's services it would mean the world to us to attend.. Please keep us updated if possible.. My e-mail is noelblear@yahoo.com Thank you for all the updates we have found in the many blogs on line all of us have been checking them daily..
We Love you Mrs. Okamoto.. You will NEVER be FORGOTTEN... XOXOXOXOXOXO