Monday, January 18, 2010

Isabel says what?

I know it's been forever since I've done one of these. And I know I've missed some really good things but here's some of the ones I can remember.



Some of these are really old but still funny

She was watching tv one day and saw a commercial for Sears and they had tools and she annouced she was going to get tools for her daddy for christmas and I said ok. Then Dada comes into room and she goes running to him
"Dada dada I'm going to buy you tools for xmas"
"Shhh Isabel that's suppose to be a surprise"
"what?"
"It's a secret"
"oh ok"
Than in a whisper she goes to her Daddy
"daddy I'm going to get you tools"
"no Isabel daddy's not suppose to know till xmas"
"ooohh"
The next day I take her to Target and tell her while we are there she can pick out tools for Daddy. Well I end up forgetting all about it. Right as I was driving out of the parking lot she exclaims "OH NO!!! We forgot Daddy's tools"
"oh no I'm sorry we'll go again tommorrow"
That night she talked on the phone with Gpa,Gma and another person and each person the first thing she said was "We forgot daddys tool!" So now I know we have to get these tools. Thurs I take them to Lowes, and I'm thinking great she's going to want to get every tool for him but instead every tool I showed her she said "no" "no" "that's not it" "not that one mama" And than about the 5th tool I showed her she went "yes mama, that's it .that's perfect!!!" And grabbed it and would not let go of it.

She comes up to me the other day and says
"I'm just a little girl with big feet"
"Oh really"
"Yes I think I need new boots"


Awhile ago Isabel decided that my friend Jenn (who she has only met once) was her "very best friend" and gave her the nickname JenJen. Occasionally she would ask about her JenJen. And go around saying "JenJen is my very bestest friend" She would "call" her on her playphone and have long conversations with her. But no longer. Yesterday she randomly came up to me and said
"JenJen's not my friend anymore"
"Oh no. What happened?"
"I need kid friends"
"You can have a lot of friends, all ages"
"No I'm ok. I just need my kid friends"
"but you are going to make JenJen sad"
"That's ok"

Than she asked me to send JenJen a message on my phone, so this is Isabel's recorded message for JenJen (sorry the quality is so bad. It's my cell)

I told Jenn about all of this and she said her and Izzy needed to have a tea party to reconnect. I told Isabel and she said
"Oh no I have tea parties with my other friends"
"Well how about getting ice cream with JenJen"
"No mom my friends have ice cream"
"How about getting your nails painted"
"MOM!! I..DO..THAT with Grandma!"
"Oh sorry I forgot"
"Oh I KNOW!!!! We can go ice skating with JenJen"
So now she keeps talking about going skating with JenJen

Edited-
Now she doesn't even want to go skating with JenJen. She was telling me about the new friends she met at the park with Gma & Gpa and saying all the things they were going to do and she mentioned skating.
"I thought you were going to go skating with JenJen"
"No MOM I told you JenJen is not my friend. Don't you remember?"

Sorting thru some things we came across a picture of Auntie Latanya from one of her dances in High School. Isabel looks at it and asks
"Who's this?"
"That's Auntie Tanya"
"No it's not Mama"
"Yes it is, that's Auntie Tanya when she was younger"
"Oh . Who's this" And points to Latanya's date
"That's Matias"
Than she takes the picture to Joaquin
"Look Baby, this is Auntie Tanya and Tortillas"

No comments: