This year has gone by so fast! Our life was definitely a little hectic and crazy before Joaquin made his appearance but nothing like it is now. And as wonderful as we thought it was, it became even more wonderful!!! I knew Joaquin would be different from Isabel but I had no idea how different. In some ways I felt like a brand new mom.
It has been so awesome seeing him grow and his personality just blossom. As we start this new year in his life he can walk, climb, say "mom", "mama", "dada", "awa" (aqua), and "up". He can order food-he points to what he wants than points to his tray. As in "that. Here. Now". When he wants to nurse he will bring me the boppy pillow. He loves chasing his sister, and being chased by his sister. His favorite hangouts are the now empty bookcase. And his play yard turned on it's side. He laughs non stop. Is starting to dance. He has learned what a microphone is. He is soo over baby food and wants all big people food. His favs include beans, mash potatoes, gold fish, nilla wafers, steamed carrots, soup and graduates lil crunchies and whatever his big sis is eating. He is even getting a head start on his chores, everyday he and Isabel sweep the kitchen floor. He never stops moving. Even in his sleep he flips and spins. He is getting louder and louder to be heard over Isabel. And I can go on and on. I can't wait to see what this next year brings us.
This year has also made me love Isabel even more than I already did. It was been amazing watching her take over her role as big sis and loving it so much. Some of the things that she taught him, with no help from us, include, drinking from a straw, high fives, climbing in and out of the tent, getting past the gate, jumping on the bed, and the fine art of stuffed animal arranging.
On a little of the bragging side I am proud to say that we have gone this whole year with not a drop of formula. There were times when I definitely thought it wasn't going to happened. Joaquin was so much more interested in everything around him, it was hard getting him to nurse for long periods at a time. Not mention nursing with a toddler around. Especially during potty training. I would really like to continue nursing him for as long as I did Isabel but if it doesn't happen I am still very happy with making it this far.
SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL CRAZY BOY!!!!!!
Here's to another amazing year!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Little Man! Cant believe how big he's gotten!
Happy Birthday, sweet boy!
Post a Comment