Monday, November 23, 2009

we're in trouble now!

Joaquin took his first real steps yesterday!!! 3 of them to be exact. No pictures or video of it but both Moe and I were there to see it which is all we could really ask for.
He was standing up next to the couch and Isabel was a few feet in front of him. He reached out to grab her and she was too far out of his reach. And than it happened-one-two-three plop. Moe and I started cheering and clapping and Joaquin looked at us like we were crazy. "What are you cheering about? I do this all the time." Isabel too, she just felt Joaquin grab her and heard us cheer and she started cheering too, although she had no clue what for.
We tried to recreate it to get him to do it again but it wasn't happening. But than later that night Isabel, Joaquin and I were snacking on apples. Joaquin was standing holding onto the gate and saw the apple in my hand and again made the 3-4 steps to get it. This time Isabel got in on the act and started holding out her apple to get Joaquin to go to her, "come here baby, come to big sister" Except like most people she kept underestimating his reach and would hold it too close to him.
However we did manage to get a couple more steps out of him. And again we were both there to see it. So exciting!!!!
I thought for sure this was going to be like crawling, where he crawled a little bit but than didn't really crawl until 2 weeks later. But I guess he's determine to start walking before his 10 month birthday just so he can tell Isabel later "I started walking before you did…neder neder neder!" Isabel walked at 10.5 months so he's still got a bit of time.
One thing is for sure, our already crazy life is about to get absolutely insane!!

2 comments:

mj said...

Yay Joaquin!!

Growing Up Cameron said...

uh-oh, woman hide your baked goods J is on the loose! ;)

Go J go!