Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just a couple little tidbits

I forgot I had written this and never posted it, so here it is.

*Isabel has started "testing" us. She'll get 3 pairs of shoes, line them up and than pick up 2 non matching shoes. She'll hold them up and ask us "Do these match?" and wait for our answer, than she'll say "Noooooo, these don't match" Than another non matching set, than a matching set. "yeeessssss,yey they do match" If we give her the wrong answer, she'll giggle at us and say "nooo ooo momma,see, these don't match"

*She is now really into singing. She'll stand on top of the couch with her microphone and say "Attention everyone, attention everyone" and than start her performance. The other day she made up her own song. "A,B,C,D,Y,A,B,C,D,Y. I miss my daddy" Of course I started laughing and distracted her and she didn't continue.

*Joaquin loves to watch her performances. He'll be in his jumper, she'll bring her chair in front of him, and the vaccuum in front of the chair, that becomes her microphone and than she'll ask for music. I'll put on her Hannah Montana or some thing and she'll just rock out and Joaquin will go crazy watching her. Jumping up and down and clapping and screaming and laughing.

*This weekend my parents took the kids for the night. But before going home they took Isabel to get her nails done. The little glamour girl that she is knew exactly what to do. Gma asked her if she wanted to sit on her lap and Isabel said no and climbed right onto the chair and put her hands up and rested on the little bar they have. And she sat so still. She was making all the ladies in the shop just ooh and ahh over her. The second the first coat was on she put her hand next to fan and was blowing on them. She even got 2 little flowers. I just know she is now going to expect this everytime she goes to gma and gpas house.

*Isabel and Joaquin have found a new game. This one is for the car. They will take this extra seat padding thing we have and Isabel will throw it onto Joaquins carseat, he'll grabbed it and fling it out till Isabel can reached it and they will have a little mini tug of war till Isabel gets it back, and they start all over again. The two of them just laughing hysterically.

*While at gma and gpa's house gma was trying to get Isabel to eat her dinner, and Isabel just wasn’t into it, Gma tells her to be a good girl and eat her dinner. And isabel just matter of factly states "oh I'm just going to be a bad girl" Gma told me it was like there is no point in trying to pretend. Isabel knows exactly what she is going to be.

*Joaquin has now started giving kisses. Big,wet,slobbery kisses. He'll grab your face with both hands and give you a big ol' wet one. He especially loves giving kisses to Isabel who of course will push him away saying "oh baby drooling on me,ewww"

*He has also discovered a new way to make eating even messier. When I feed him baby food I always give him something to hold to keep his hands busy. Otherwise he will just keep swatting and grabbing at the spoon. Last week I gave him a little square tupperware dish. He would turn it around so the flat side face him, press his face and nose up againist it. Which was a pretty funny picture from my side with his little piggy nose . Than he would drag the dish up his face, proceeding to spread the baby food as he went.

*Isabel is also getting in on this mess. She wanted to feed him the other day. So of course things were a little messier than usual. Well something drop and I bent down to pick it up, right as I was coming back up Isabel was going in with a big spoonful of food. And we collided. I got the spoon right in my face, from eye to hairline. Isabel saw the big orange glob and lost it. She was laughing so hard which of course sent Joaquin off as well.

*She has also learned how to make crack an egg into a bowl and scrambled them. Out of the last 6 eggs she did there was only one shell.

*She is now totally in love with her underwear. The other night we got home past her bedtime so we just put her straight into bed and just put her a diaper instead of waking her up to go potty. The next morning she wakes up and sees the diaper and says "hey!! I don't wear diapers! Where's my underwear?!!!" She is also at the point of being so proud of her underwear that she wants to show it off. Lifting up her dress and all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am loving the concerts Isabel puts on, and her new love for manicures!

Leann said...

I want to see a video of her mini concerts! She's such a ham!