Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy 6mth bday Joaquin!!

I've got oh about a zillion loads of laundry and dishes to catch up on so this is just a real quick update.

He had his 6mth checkup today. He passed with flying colors. Weight 20lbs 6ozs, 95th percentile. Length 29in, yet again putting him off the charts. (for those that are interested Isabel at 6mths was 22.2pounds and is 27.5 inches long) Man I have some big babies. Joaquin is currently wearing size 12-18mths and as Gma will tell you some of those 12mths are a little too snug.

He is taking to baby food like a champ. he will go thru 2-3 jars a day. The dr asked if we had tried him with any big people food yet and we had but he did not like it all. He also isn't ready for the mixed foods either. He likes the plain old carrots,apples and pears. Sometimes bananas. And he has taken a big disliking to peas and sweet potatoes. The dr said some babies just like the pureed stuff and some babies go straight for the steak and even though Joaquin looks like a "steak baby" he might just be a pureed kind of guy.

No pics right now hopefully sometime soon.

PS as a warning I am starting OT this week meaning 6 days a week and once or twice 7 days a week so posts will probably be pretty sporadic. Maybe I could convince Moe to take over for awhile, (hint hint) he could tell you all about the morning routines and the fun things they do with him.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I can't believe that he is 6 months hold. Wow how time flies!