Right now we are still working on the whole scheduling thing. We are so lucky Moe's supervisor was willing to work with us for awhile but we still need a more permanent solution. We are all trying to figure something out.
As for the kids we are almost officially down with potty training. She has gone out several times with just big girl underwear and no accidents. And she slept the last couple nights with just her big girl underwear. We are so relieved. We were really beginning to think we were going to be sending her to kindergarten still in diapers.
Isabel will be starting dance classes next week. It's just a trial class at first since this will be just her, so no Mama or Dada taking the class with her. We are going to see how our little Miss Independent does before we sign her up. It's pretty crazy though. It's a class for 2-3 yr olds and they are required to wear leotards, have their hair pulled back and have tap and ballet shoes. Luckily Gma and Gpa took care of the tap shoes for Christmas. She would of gone into the 3-5yr old class but it was closed because they are the middle of recital practices. I can't believe she is almost old enough to be having dance recitals. So crazy!!!
Joaquin is wonderful. He has been rolling over for about 3 weeks now. He loves to be put down on the living room floor and just roll and roll and roll till he makes a complete circle. This week he has started sitting on his own. He'll still teeter for a bit but each time it's for longer and longer. I tried taking pictures but it's hard when I'm by myself. Maybe this weekend I can get some good ones.
He also started eating rice cereal this week. And he took to it with no problem. A big difference from Isabel. She wanted nothing to do with it. We didn't get her really eating solids until she was at least a year old. Speaking of comparisons a couple people have asked me what Isabel's measurements were at 4mths and I finally found them she weighed 19.7 and was 25.5 inches long. So the two of them have reversed. She was heavier and he's longer. Although now that he is starting solids he might really start to get chunky. He is also eating more than Isabel. While I was at work Isabel would maybe go thru 6-9ozs, Joaquin is going thru at least 12.
My parents took the two of them for a weekend and we left them with 17 bags of milk, each having about 6ozs in them. Which was about what we left when Isabel stayed with them for the first time and with her they had some leftover. But no not Joaquin. I get a call from my Dad saturday night "ummm we only have 2 more bags of milk left." "What?! No way!" "yeah and it's not like we've been throwing out any, he's been sucking every single bottle dry." Moe and I cut our weekend short and were at my parents house bright and early Sun morning.
From now on every time we go to my parents we are going to try and bring a couple bags of milk to keep the stash up. It stays good in the freezer for 6mths and I know they will have the baby plenty of times to use it up before it goes bad. Than again I can just hear my parents "well you know we have a couple bags of milk that are about to expire, we better take the kids for awhile so the milk doesn't go to waste" :)
I guess that's about it for now. Hopefully this weekend I will have some pics and videos.
3 comments:
I hope Isabel likes dance! I am really looking forward to pictures/videos of her dancing!
Sounds like J is a healthy eater!
Wow! J is hitting those milestones in leaps and bounds! =)
Can't wait to see Isabel doing her thing in dance class!
I think J is gonna be an overachiever:)
Can't wait to hear how the dance classes go!
Post a Comment