Monday, June 22, 2009

I took Isabel to her trial dance class last week. It was one hectic day. I got stuck in a training class at work till 3. Her class started at 4. I rushed home, Moe and I ran around getting them both ready, rushing out the door. Isabel saying the whole time "hurry don't be late, we can't be late" The drive there she was talking about taking the class all by herself. We get to class and I have to hold her back to keep her from running into class. She got her tap shoes on and is just so excited. The class starts and everything is really good for about 10min. I turn to fix something with Joaquin and I turn back and she's crying. She's in the corner the teacher is trying to calm her and than I hear "i wannnttt myyy mommmy" So I go in there and take her and try to calm her down. After a couple min she says she wants to go back, but when I open the door she stops and starts to cry again. We stick around for another 15min trying to get her to go back but it was no go. We just went home. However we weren't the only ones. Another girl left crying the same time we did. Then while we were loading up in the parking lot another 2 little girls left.

I knew it would be a risk since the time was typically when she would take nap. In fact she fell asleep on the way to class. Plus the class was completely closed off with just a 2way mirror. She couldn't see me at all.

I know she really wants to take a class, so we are going to keep looking for one better suited to her. I would go back to gymnastics but that just gave her too many ideas.

When she turns 3 she will be allowed to take swim class by herself so we might try that if we can get in.

No comments: