So I am going to try and attempt this blogging thing again, but we will see how it goes.
Ok quick update-Isabel is now a kindergarten graduate and off for the summer. She truly loved and thrived in school. I can't believe she can now read whole books and write actual sentences. She is growing up way too fast. And she is even broadening her interests. She still likes princesses and pink and glitter but she also loves batman and star wars and insects. Well the insect one is in theory,she'll read about them and talk about them but as soon as she sees one in person she goes all girly again.
She is still the best big sister. Granted Joaquin does drive her nuts and push her buttons but when it comes down to it she will always protect him.
Joaquin is even crazier than before, the kid never stops moving. Like never ever. Even when he's sick he still has more energy than I have in an entire month. I'm hoping to get him into some classes this sumer to use up some of his extra energy. He just gets more cunning. Gpa&Gma say Isabel may be perfect mini Auntie Tanya and we thought that would lead to trouble, however Joaquin is proving to be a combo of Auntie Tanya and Uncle Seann. Which makes me grow 10 new gray hairs just thinking about that.
As for Moe and I, will there's been quite a bit there. Moe was asked to take a new position on first shift and since taking over that position he's been given more responsibilities and acknowledgments for his projects and programs. Lots of new promising possibilities.
Now since Moe went to first I obviously couldn't stay on first as well, so after a lot of thinking and looking at things, we decided I would leave my job and look for a part time job instead. We were just tired of never seeing each other and hardly having any time as a family. And paying for daycare to cover just a tiny overlap. And frankly I was beyond sick of my job and it was making me sick. Since quitting I have gone from 3-5 headaches a week to maybe one a month.
We are loving being able to have dinner together as a family and the little things, like Moe & I being able to sit on the couch together and read while the kids play before bed. Than Moe & I being to able to have some popcorn and watch tv after the kids go to bed. And going for impromptu family picnics when the weather is nice.
It has definitely taken some adjusting and some sacrificing but I'm more than willing to give up my pedicures and dye my hair at home to have more time as a family. And hopefully also give me more time to blog. So stay tune .....
1 comment:
You're back!!!
Post a Comment