Sunday, October 12, 2008

Isabel tries OCTOPUS!!!!!

Yesterday I was craving mexican food (yeah weird for me but it seems to be a theme this pregnancy. ) Anyway since we were in the Lake Elsinore area Moe suggested we see if any of his old fav's were still around. We ended up at Guadalarras (I most definitely butchered that spelling but you get the drift). Moe ordered some sort of shrimp cocktail with a lot more complicated name so I am not even going to attempt to sound it out.  Isabel wanted nothing to do with her tacos,rice and beans, or even the chips and salsa that were on the table so imagine our surprise when Moe jokingly offered her a bite of octopus and she said yes. She immediately climbed down from our side of the table and went to Moe's side where he had a piece of purple tentacle (ewwww) for her. She took it right off the spoon and even started chewing. We really thought she was going to swallow it and we think she would of but we're pretty sure the spiciness got to her so she spit it out.  

Moe is of course over the moon that she might like this stuff. And I am just hoping she doesn't ask me to make it or eat it. 
It is looking like she got most of Moe's tastebuds. With exception for her love of olives and licorice everything else is all Moe. I foresee lots of Father-Daughter excursions to eat all sorts of weird and strange things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, she's a little Mexican, for sure.

My little cousins eat all that stuff with my uncle; octopus, shrimp, cow brains, ick!

Wiski said...

Oh yes...sounds like Irelyn and Scott! I so don't get it...but know this, you aren't alone!

Hope ya'll are doing great!

Elmwood Court said...

Awww...ewwww! LOL